Wednesday 23 January 2008

My Question

By Nqobile Mafu

Allow me to impose a question to you
Let me take my mind and put it to you
Let me take my feelings and impose them to you
Take myself and make it yours
Now you are treated and harassed?
Living like a slave in your beloved country?
You have no freedom to stand for your rights?
No freedom to fight for your country?

Do you remember the innocent blood of,
a white farmer who was murdered?
Do you remember the slaughtering of people?
Where were you? Where were you?

When people running up and down
Do you remember! Do you remember?
DO you remember Terry Ford who was held,
against a tree and shot dead near Norton? In Zimbabwe

The struggle is not yet over
Speak my mouth speak
Speak until the sun rise
Speak my mouth speak
Speak until the sun set

I was born talking
And l will never stop
Poetic and entertaining is what l know
My poetry built strength for the nation.

What will you do?
Knowing that if you take right way,
You will be killed?
Knowing that once you stand for your rights,
You will be full of trouble?
What will you do? What will you do?

The struggle continue
Talking is what l know better
Just image yourself?
The brutality and man’s laughter
Image the blood of our Friends, Relatives,
Brothers and many more
How do you feel?
How do you feel?
Do you stand for that?


Now is the time for my safety
Bring me roses,
Not to keep them for my grave to come
Give them to me while my heart beats
Give them to me
While my heart needed to be comforted

I can’t wait for death
Just to be a sitting target
So I was the one leaving

No comments: